CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

lily lake


Some of my fondest memories from my child hood are in the Bare tooth Mountains mostly camping at Lily Lake. Ever Labor Day my family and many other families would get together and go to Lily Lake. We would go cannoning, fly fishing, hiking and my favorite crawdad fishing.


Crawdad fishing was not like normal fishing it usually consisted of leftover chicken bones, a peace of fishing line and some times a little net. You had to walk very lightly out on to floating logs and dangle your chicken in the watter and wait for a crawdad to come.


It took skill to catch these crayfish you had to have good balance, a steady hand and quick reflexes. If you lacked one of these you would end up in the watter, the crawdad would end up back in the watter or some times both. I did spend my share in the watter be for I learned how to catch crawdads.


so if your are looking for a great place to camp fly fish and catch crawdads Lily lake is the place to go. It is located from Cody, take WY 120 17 miles north to WY 296, 47 miles northwest to US 212, then 1 mile northeast on Forest Road 130.

0 comments: